1 John 1:1-5
(1 John; Chapter 1; Verses 1-5)
- Try to visualize this description of God. What do you see? What does this tell you about his identity- who He is?
- Now, think about this God calling you “Daughter” or “Son” and making all things at His mercy (EVERYTHING) revolve around you and work for your own benefit. How’s this make you feel? What has this made you realize from God’s view of you?
(John; Chapter 1; Verses 6-14)
- What was John’s mission on earth? What “Light” was He called to bear witness (tell people about)? Why was the Light so important?
- Why was the Light sent and how was the Light received?
- For those who received the Light, what came to them? What’s significant about them?
- “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” What does this say to you specifically?
(John; Chapter 1; Verses 15-17)
- Imagine you were John in verse 15. You are explaining this verse. Elaborate. What are you trying to say?
- How do verses 16 and 17 pair together? What do they mean together?
(John; Chapter 1; Verses 18-25)
- What does verse 18 mean? How does God spell this out for you?
- Picture verses 19-22 visually. This isn’t a question, just something to reflect on. Make your reading real.
- Answer verse 25. Ask God this same question and begin journaling, asking the Holy Spirit to give you this answer. Don’t think- Just begin writing.
- How does this passage apply to an area in your life? Ask the Holy Spirit to guide your writing and just journal.